Teijin Engineering Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the major chemical manufacturer Teijin Limited, provides plant equipment and engineering, factory automation, and automation technology derived from it, to companies inside and outside the group.
Originally, Teijin Engineering's core business served customers within the Teijin group. However, business with clients outside the group has grown and currently accounts for about 80%, based on sales.
When introducing enterprise resource planning (ERP) into the company, the large gap between actual work and ERP functions was viewed as a challenge. After consulting with EXEO Digital Solutions, Inc., a partner company of NTT DATA INTRAMART CORPORATION, they decided to use a system to manage projects. The system was named "T-PMS," and intra-mart® was adopted as the platform. They expect to create a foundation for continuous improvement of business quality, including visualizing and digitizing business processes to eliminate the dependence on individual skills.
The Customer planned to introduce ERP, though the gap between its functions and actual business practice must be filled.
Since filling gap between functions of ERP and business practice, the customer adopted intra-mart.
- Adopted intra-mart with superior expandability and flexibility as a platform
- Project management system was built with intra-mart as a platform
- One of intra-mart's functions, BPM, was introduced for continuous improvement
Introduced project management system built with intra-mart as a platform:
- Visualized data of each project by the systematization of project management
- Eliminated dependence on individual skills
- Business processes were standardized and improved continuously with BPM