Toyo Kohan Co., Ltd. was established as Japan's first privately-owned tinplate manufacturer to supply tinplate for the production of cans to its parent company and industry leader, Toyo Seikan Co., Ltd. The company introduced intra-mart® in 2012 as a company-wide portal and a workflow platform to be used in various operations including the approval system. Through in-house development, it has been positioned as a portal site for all operations, including core systems. In March 2022, a version upgrade to intra-mart was implemented in preparation for its new functions of low-code/no code development and the future introduction of business process management (BPM), which aims for visualization of business processes. This has made it possible to respond promptly to the numerous in-house requests for systemization and allows even new employees to become involved in development operations. In addition, the automation of routine work has progressed due to linkage of robotic process automation (RPA) and chatbots, and it has reduced the burden associated with responding to inquiries in the Information System Department, resulting in tremendous benefits. Looking ahead, the action plan calls for active use of intra-mart while coordinating with other systems, making it an important tool for realizing digital transformation (DX).
Eliminate individuality, speed up development, and promote RPA linkage to comprehensively review business processes.
Focused on the low-code/no-code development functions.
- Upgraded to the latest version of intra-mart to use the new low-code/no-code development functions
- Members of the Information system department underwent online training focusing on low-code/no-code development by intra-mart
- Use the low-code/no-code development functions such as the Accel Studio that support material operations and application management
Realized quick and easy development with low-code/no-code functions of intra-mart:
- Business linkage has become even easier by enabling low-code/no-code development and RPA linkage
- Approximately 40% reduction in development time compared with Java
- A reduction of 30-hours per month for handling inquires