Sompo Holdings, Inc. was selected as one of the Digital Transformation Stocks (DX Stocks) 2020 in Japan. True to this upbeat assessment, the Sompo Group is active in promoting digital transformation (DX) in order to utilize digital technology and real data to create customer value and to renovate its business processes. At the IT Strategy Planning Department, the unit in charge of coordinating IT strategies for the Sompo Group, work digitalization spanning all Group companies is promoted.
One case in point is Sompo Japan Insurance Inc., a nonlife insurance business entity and the single largest company in the Sompo Group. While promoting a project to renew the core mainframe system that supported its nonlife insurance operations for over 30 years, the firm is moving to renovate its company-wide scale collaboration platform (for business applications). Specifically, the company adopted intra-mart as an alternative for Notes, an application that had been used for over a quarter of a century, aimed at effectively transplanting the groupware functions. Along with this, intra-mart was mobilized to forge a streamlined workflow over a short period of time, relying primarily on low-code agile development capabilities. Thanks to smooth co-creation in this development efforts between the Sompo business and system divisions, some 90% of business division employees active in development work reported that they sensed solid results in the reduction of their workloads.
Relying on the conventional waterfall development model rendered it difficult to keep pace with major upticks in business speed.
The customer adopted intra-mart due to the top-flight usability, robust security and governance, and deployment capabilities throughout all Group companies.
- Visualizing business processes through Business Process Model and Notation(BPMN) with the method NTT DATA INTRAMART provides, IM-QuickActivate
- Realizing swift application development using Low Code Application Platform, intra-mart, based on “to-be” business processes described with BPMN
- Realizing continuous and flexible specification shifts on the power of agile development
intra-mart adopted as an alternative for Notes realized:
- Thanks to functions of intra-mart as Low Code Application Platform, the workloads of over 90 % of business division employees active in development were reduced drastically
- 80% or more sensed the quality of operations had improved
- With agile development, it proved feasible to mount flexible responses to changes in specifications initiated from the worksites, leading to marked improvements in satisfaction as well