Kanematsu Corporation, originally founded in 1889, is a trading company active in supplying a highly diversified range of products and services. Over the years, to process the approximately 10,000 requests received each year, the company used the standard approach of managers affixing their personal seals to paper documents, then circulating those forms to receive approvals from all staffers involved. At management meetings as well, discussions were advanced by converting paper request forms to PDF files for viewing on PCs. In these and other ways, such paper-based operations hindered work efficiency.
The paper-based approval format complicated business operations and delayed decision making.
The customer adopted intra-mart as the system’s shared platform on behalf of the previous system:
- The project was not focused on how to achieve systemization but on how to streamline approval-related operations at the core
- A lot of approval processes and related rules for approval request procedures were trimmed down and improved, and operations including new approval processes have been executed by intra-mart as the system’s shared platform
- Using the advantages of intra-mart low-code development for reduction of costs and development term
Realizing complete digitalization of the approval process and the improved operation with intra-mart has benefited the customer by:
- Enabled the customer to save 100 million yen in development and accelerated development by five months
- The patterns of workflow requests reduced from 3,000 to 600 dramatically
- 100% paper-less operation for approval process