ITO Co., Ltd. is renowned for developing Japan’s first shortwave therapy unit, as well as pioneering work in physiotherapy devices. Over the years, each ITO business division performed its own internal management of document and customer operations, but along with a project to renew its core system, the company introduced intra-mart in an attempt to better streamline such work. The goals were to unify document management operations, while negotiating a shift to more effective workflow in the series of processes related to requests for internal approval, product repairs and other matters.
The new system was launched in January 2021, with ITO document management integrated on the intra-mart platform. Powered by outstanding search and portal functions, the results included speedy access to necessary information. Advances were also made in the sharing of information that had become largely personalized, bringing about greater ease for anyone other than the person in charge to assume duties instead. In addition, the progress extended to repairs and other troubleshooting, with access to current status data facilitating quick replies to customer inquiries. In this way, the shift to intra-mart paved the way to numerous improvements.
Decentralized document management at each work unit impeded information sharing and operational efficiency.
The customer adopted intra-mart as an integrated platform for customers, services, and document information to link to its core system and generate a more efficient workflow:
- Achieved integrated management of repair and customer information as a complement function for ERP
- Notes that had been used as ISO document management was replaced with intra-mart document management system
- Used low-code development functions which enable simple system configuration with drag and drop and other easy techniques
Achieved swift access to essential information, and therefore the company obtained many capability to contribute to enhanced service and operations:
- Eliminated document overlaps and enabled users to easily search and access the latest available document at any time
- More efficient workflow enabled the company to swiftly respond their customers inquire to repair the products
- Realized the way to in-house customization using low-code development functions