Canon Optical Industrial Equipment (Shanghai) Inc. (“Canon Optical Shanghai”), headquartered in Shanghai, China, engages in marketing of industrial equipment for manufacture of semiconductors, liquid crystal displays and other products. Since its inception in 2002, the company has steadily grown in business scale to the current level of some 500 employees, along with expansion of sales offices and other business bases to 19 locations around China.
The company’s introduction of intra-mart dates back to 2012, at a time when it operated with just over 100 employees. The goal envisioned was to streamline the checks and authorization involved in computation of travel allowances and other expenses. This work was typically performed with a series of supervisors affixing their official seals to paper forms circulated throughout the office. The use of intra-mart at Canon Optical Shanghai, beginning with this paperless processing, was eventually upgraded to a more sophisticated version in May of 2020. At present, with the goal of enhancing the company’s governance to comply with the rigorous internal controls in force throughout the Canon Group, the scope of the platform’s application extends from management of suppliers and customers to purchasing operations.
With business growth and corporate scale expansion, system renovation was necessary to respond flexibly to strengthened internal control and organizational change.
The customer upgraded intra-mart from the initial format to the present version, according to the listed factor below:
- The company’s more than 500 employees had become very used to intra-mart after long years using of it since 2012
- IM-FormaDesigner, one of the intra-mart equipped low-code development function, enabled the customer to generate their own screen design forms in-house
- Intra-mart—a platform rich in the functions demanded for low-code development, enabled the customer to build a system keyed to upholding company's rigorous internal control rules
With the focus on enhancing the company’s governance throughout the Canon Group, solution has benefited the customer by:
Linkage with the human resource system for approval flow optimized to the latest organization structure. Version upgrade dramatically improved response speed.
- Linkage with the human resource system for approval flow optimized to the latest organization structure
- Utilized systems to advance various other operations as well
- Version upgrade dramatically improved response speed