PT. ASURANSI TOKIO MARINE INDONESIA has been expanding its non-life insurance product and service to various customers in Indonesia with maximally utilizing knowledge and human resource of TOKIO MARINE Group. Previously, the company had relied on experienced employees to manually handle daily business processes using multiple systems optimized for respective business operations. As a result, the integration among those systems had not always been assured. There had been issues that were personalized business processes, redundancy of operations, and difficulties in data accumulation and analysis. However, as Indonesia continues its growth as a country, businesses have to face a steep rise in labor costs and a more complicated management environment. To achieve higher growth, there is an urgent need for sophisticated data analytic capabilities that strengthen management decisions by enabling operational efficiency, standardization, and capturing changes in the business environment. In such a context, the company set out to introduce intra-mart as BPMS.
A business system that fits the change of business environment and strategies in Indonesia's growing market had been in demand.
The customer adopted intra-mart as BPMS to realize the following aim:
- Organized a series of processes in the insurance business and systematized them with BPMS
- Realized legacy modernization so that flexible coping with adding new product information and change existing product information for the insurance business
- Developed applications for each business on intra-mart, facilitated the cooperation between each business and data collection
With the focus on organizing the insurance business process and systematizing it with BPMS, solution has benefited the customer by:
- Unification of interfaces of each business application, and visualization of business processes that span multiple people or departments and systems enabled it to automate and data linkage
- Governance has been able to be more strengthened while improving and ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the input data
- Reduction in operational errors, and it has become possible to provide proposals and support tailored to customers more quickly