Meidensha Corporation manufactures power generation and transformation equipment, along with other heavy electrical machinery designed to excel as social and industrial infrastructure. The company also holds a top-ranking share of the market for water and sewage equipment, large-size motors, and other industrial system machinery. It previously mobilized a supplier network of some 2,000 suppliers in the stream of purchasing operations from estimate requests through supplier selection and delivery. However, that approach presented numerous issues related to cost, lead time, communications, and other aspects.
Seeking to raise the visualization and efficiency of its increasingly personalized operations, Meidensha enlisted intra-mart as the platform for launching a supplier portal. Integrating all external exchanges in that portal made it possible to unify the information involved, raising the levels of speed and precision alike. For Meidensha, the relations with its suppliers are of critical importance. As the situation stands today, concepts aimed at infusing new added value into this new platform are already expanding in vision and scale.
Company’s biggest challenge in procurement process was the cost and lead-time issues caused by paper-dependent design drawing exchanges, and the trend toward personalized communications.
Customer enlisted intra-mart to automate by removing paper dependent and unifying all external exchanges:
- Platform rich range of standard functions and openness with the positive track record
- intra-mart as a middleware capabilities allowed linkage with other systems with ease
- High expandability of a platform suited for future growth in the operational domain and strengthened relations with suppliers
With the focus on streamlining the distributor system and getting information on real time, solution has benefited the customer by:
- Raising the calibre of speed, precision, and transparency
- Connected more than 1,700 supplier firms using Internet-connected operational environments
- Effective visualization of the operational process, enabling major strengthening of internal control abilities