ITOCHU Corporation is a major sogo shosha with approximately 110 bases in 63 countries (as of Apr 1, 2018). Their local subsidiary in China, ITOCHU SHANGHAI LTD. is engaging in various types of trade like international trade, transit trade, and trade between companies in the bonded areas as the first official trading company approved by the Chinese government as Wholly Foreign-Owned Enterprise.
In 2013, intra-mart was deployed as a platform of Enterprise Information Portal. Particularly, the workflow of expenses for transportation, social, and travel is used by over 700 employees in the whole China, like Shanghai, Beijing (a regional headquarter), and Guangzhou (a major base placed in South China).
In order to improve the efficiency of the workflow for transportation expenses, they linked intra-mart with “DiDi for Business” produced by DiDi Chuxing, a major Chinese company for taxi-hailing service. Collecting the huge volumes of transportation data by dedicated application for smartphone and importing it in intra-mart instantly, they greatly reduced the amount of time required for the process of transportation expense claim every month.
Tedious task to attach receipt and enter data manually for transportation expense claim by employees and huge burden and challenges to verify receipts and application visually by accounting team.
Customer enlisted intra-mart to automate transportation expense management, by linking with Chinese taxi-hailing service DiDi:
- Ability to pick accumulated data in the cloud of “DiDi for Business” in company-wide intra-mart workflow system
- Ability to import data and make adjustment and checks in transportation expense claim process
Customer has achieved tremendous amount of following success by automating the transportation expense process:
- Reduction of processing per claim from 2 hours / person to few seconds
- Efficiency of Accounting department is more dramatically improved than applicants
- With utilization of Big Data that is accumulated from “DiDi for Business” is used further for analysis