As Chinese local subsidiary of Japanese children’s books publisher, POPLAR Publishing Co., Ltd., Beijing Poplar Culture Project Co., Ltd. (Beijing Poplar) was established in July 2004 in Beijing, China, and quickly entered Chinese book distribution industry among foreign companies and works on selling picture book or publishing.
In accordance with rapid economic development, interest for child education is rising in China so that circulation is increasing every year. On the other hand, a burden of employee who manages copyright of publication increased, and handling by manually using excel reached a limit.
Aiming to make complex management work efficient and exclude human error completely, they attained systematization based on “intra-mart Accel Platform” for the first time.
Company was facing difficulties in managing copyright due to manual processes and managing different distribution activities manually like sales activities, inventories, royalty sharing etc. with each publisher. Also, lack of data accuracy at different stages and high dependency on individual ability was making difficult for person to understand business procedures.
The customer constructed the system for copyright management by adopting intra-mart with AWS due to:
- Easiness of future extensibility and flexibility in development
- Ability to design complex business rules and calculations around royalty with ease
- Easy and Quick to build demonstration to generate common view with different stakeholders
With the focus on bringing stability in operation and increase in data accuracy, customer was able to achieve:
- Significant time reduction by enabling linking data with sales or ﬁnancial systems
- Ease in managing each contract with high accessibility by building checks at relevant process steps
- Able to identify more problems which business was not aware of